• SENTWORD Feed

    Sunday 18 December 2016

    YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE PROMISE

    YOU ARE A CHILD OF THE PROMISE


    *[[Gen 28:20-22]] BBE* v 20 Then Jacob took an oath, and said, If God will be with me, and keep me safe on my journey, and give me food and clothing to put on, v 21 So that I come again to my father's house in peace, then I will take the Lord to be my God, v 22 And this stone which I have put up for a pillar will be God's house: and of all you give me, I will give a tenth part to you.

    "If God blesses you with a car/money, what will you do for God?"
    Are you familiar with this question. Perhaps you heard it at church or a prophetic gathering. Many Christians think they have to 'bribe' God or make God a promise before God does anything for them. 

    Jacob ignorantly bargained with God for something that God had already promised to do for the descendants of Abraham. He thought he could receive the grace package by his promises. 
    But beloved we are not saved by making promises to God, but by believing and accepting THE PROMISES OF GOD. It's all by grace. Shalom!!!

    LIVE_LOVE_SHINE

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    <250 words

    Relationship

    Life Issues

    Faith Talk