• SENTWORD Feed

    Tuesday 5 December 2017

    WE CONFIRM/FULFILL THE LAW



    [NLT] Romans 3:31 Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.

    Recently, a friend of mine in another region asked me to print some T-shirts for him. When it was done, I sent it by a driver. The driver was tasked to send the shirts to my friend. That was the contract I had with him.

    The following day, my friend called to inform me that he had received the package. Now I had the driver's contact and car number. Had he failed to deliver the package I would have taken him on. But what my friend did was to CONFIRM to me that the driver has done his job. Today, I do not need the car number or the driver's contact again bcos the package arriving at my friend's has established or confirm our contract.

    This is what Paul meant when he said that we (our faith) confirm/ establish the Law. You see, the Law was tasked as a school master to bring us to Faith. So Paul tells us that now that we have come to Faith (Jesus), the contract with the Law has been fulfilled, therefore abrogated.

    [NLT Galatians 3:24-25] 24. Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. 25. And now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian.

    Beloved, since you have  been made right with God through Faith (Christ) then you have eatablished/confirmed/fulfilled the Law. Shalom!!!


       LIVE_LOVE_SHINE

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    <250 words

    Relationship

    Life Issues

    Faith Talk